You are here: REHACARE Portal. Up-to-date. Archive. Braille.
Right To Read Week 20-26 October 2003
"Over 95 per cent of books, magazines and other publications NEVER become available in accessible formats such as large print, braille and audio," said Dan Vale, RNIB's UK Campaigns Manager. He added, "This discrimination must end. People with sight problems or reading disabilities are like everyone else - they want to read the same book, at the same time at the same price."
RNIB will highlight this discrimination in Right to Read Week starting Monday 20 October 2003 with:
- The launch of a hard hitting report complete with new statistics, information and case studies.
- The launch of a charter which people will be invited to sign up to.
- A special event and photocall being held at the British Library in Central London (Monday 20 October).
- Celebrity support from authors and other well-known personalities.
- More information can be found on the website of the RNIB